At Trustev, we’re building a different kind of business; we’re a technology company with a long-term mission to completely transform how business is transacted online and we’re starting with the next great hurdle for online commerce – the dramatic growth in online ecommerce fraud.
We’re focused on the merchant; the seller, that brave individual or business whose chosen to sell online. We want to help make their lives easier by letting them concentrate on growing their business and worry less about things that are often mostly out of their control like fraud. Because the merchant, is the one who when a fraud incident occurs, is sadly often the one who’s taken out to the alley and beaten with a 2 X 4 of penalties, fees and charges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Analytics and Database Specialist works directly with the Director of Fraud and Data, supporting the advanced data driven nature of our products and our core goal of creating a customer oriented and ideas driven culture. If you are passionate about e-commerce, and want to work with the best in the business, this is the place for you.
- You’ll play a major part in developing the Trustev Fraud Prevention Engine using deep data mining analysis in a Hadoop environment. We’re a new company so a big part of the role will be shaping the way our data structures are built; both customer facing and internal. You’ll work to expand and improve on our existing technologies by helping improve our Merchant/Customer Dashboards and advanced customer facing analytics.
- You’ll help develop and implement various types of predictive models, segmentation strategies, optimization algorithms, and data mining analyses with a targeted result of increasing accuracy of the scoring model.
- You’ll help improve and maintain our fraud threshold alert system in a realtime context and conduct multi-merchant analytics for online and integrated online/offline contexts
- As a key part of the Fraud & Data team, you’ll work with your colleagues to analyse and react to fraud attacks by addressing the root cause of the fraud and submit recommendations to the algorithm.
We’re a startup so you’ll most definitely be a self-starter that can navigate an environment full of change and ambiguity and now be waiting around for direction. You’ll be comfortable with an extremely fast paced, challenging work environment where every task is a balance of risk and reward. We’re a very results driven bunch of people, so we work hard but we work smart and really try to ensure a good quality work environment for all.
- You’ll be fluent with SQL and very experienced with complex database reporting. You’ll have experience in working with database construction and maintenance, preferably in Hadoop environments.
- You’ll have strong analytical and mathematical skills and be able to gather, investigate and analyse information, draw conclusions and provide recommendations when needed. You’ll be working in an area where accuracy is vital. You’re someone who’s comfortable with a high level of ownership and obsessive about attention to detail.
- You’ll be comfortable in working in an environment that’s all about change and growth. As a key member of the Fraud & Data team you’ll work with the Director of Fraud & Data Strategy to evolve the core infrastructure behind all of Trustev’s offerings. Your work and insights will help drive the technical foundations of the platform.
- You’re really organized. When you’re dealing with dozens of projects and the things they need solved, you’re really good at prioritizing things so that everything gets done in the right order. You’ve worked under pressure before and know how to deal with the multiple of tiny issues that can occur and slow processes down.
Send your CV by all means, but make sure to include a cover note telling us why you’d like to work at Trustev and any other information or links that will help us learn more about you.